. . . Hello to all my beautiful readers 😃
Today’s post is a bit different from the usual, It is both a reflection of what I have learnt and a dedication of who has taught me.
The Coffee Origin Story of Khalida Parker
Well, it all started back when I was a young kid , and probably around about the time that I started drinking coffee, I’d say that age was at about 9 or 10? Could actually be younger 😐😂
The first coffee I was ever exposed to, was Nescafé Instant Coffee ☕️, which I’m sure a lot of people can relate to, or they had the Jacobs brand of instant coffee.
Me on the other hand, my family only drank Nescafé coffee , thus that was the only coffee I was exposed to at the time.
Now I distinctly remember the technique of making that instant coffee, and it will always be embedded in my soul 🙄😂, because my second eldest sister, Tasneem, she taught me how to make the perfect cup of coffee 😃
– First start off by boiling your water, and warm up enough milk that would fill up your mug or cup
– Add Two / Three teaspoons of coffee (all depends on how strong one wanted it) into a mug or cup
– Add the amount of sugar that you wish to (Obviously optional) [by adding sugar you allow a better volume of “espresso” like shot to be created ]
– After water is boiled, measure about two or three teaspoons of water, and pour it into the cup (This should wet all the coffee, shouldn’t be too much that it takes away your ability to control the coffee, it should just be enough to dessolve the chunky pieces of coffee)
– If by any chance you use too much water, then use a milk frother to create the espresso like texture
– Then you stir it vigorously with a spoon, that it turns to a light brown honey colour
– Thereafter you pour your milk 3/4 in from a higher level to create a sort of frothy vibe
– Then you pour some hot boiled water on top to fill the mug/cup up
– And lastly, either sprinkle some cocoa or cinnamon on top for extra flavour 🙆🏻 (Optional)
And that’s it 🤷🏻♀️
Although over the years it has varied with presentation. 😂🤷🏻♀️
To be honest , I always remember being very picky with the way I drank coffee, I wouldn’t be able to drink just anyone’s coffee, especially if it was instant coffee.
The love for coffee started from my sister 😃👏
Even if it was instant coffee, she inspired me to appreciate it and make it with extra effort.
Essentially she taught me to create an espresso out of instant coffee, which is pretty awesome 😃❤️ (And she didn’t even know that that was what she was doing 🤷🏻♀️So it was like intinct 😐👌)
And I will always be thankful to my lovely sister for teaching me not only how to make coffee, but for everything else as well 🤗
[You are awesome my sister ❤️
This one is for you 🙌🏼
I’d love to know what your first coffee experience was like , feel free to comment in the section below 🤗☕️
Follow for updates , and give it a star if you like what you read 😄
Until Next Time 😉☕️ . . .